On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 08:21:12PM +0000, Maxwell G wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/RemovePythonMockUsage has been
> approved, so Michel and I will be working on identifying packages that
> still depend on python3-mock. python3-mock has been deprecated for 6
> releases in favor of unittest.mock from the Python standard library, and
> we would like to finally retire the package. We will help with PRs, but
> we would also appreciate help from packagers to fix their own packages.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/DeprecatePythonMock#How_to_migrate_to_unittest.mock
> provides guidance on how to accomplish that. Please reach out to us or
> pop into https://matrix.to/#/#python:fedoraproject.org if you have any
> questions.
>
> Here is a list of packages that currently depend on python3-mock at
> runtime and/or buildtime:

60 of these packages build fine with a stub python-mock, so the
dependency can just be removed from those:

https://pagure.io/michel-slm/python-mock-drawdown/blob/main/f/false-positives.txt

(Will generate the per-maintainer list later - and send out PRs to the
affected packages)

Best regards,
--
Michel Lind (né Salim)