Please, Stephen, would you please read what I wrote, not what Kevin wrongly deducted?

The change I made in dnsmasq does not conflict with systemd-resolved in default configuration or if configured correctly. I have wrote scenario, when it can conflict and how to fix it. So no, there is no need to revert my change. If it is, *PLEASE* report it with exact step to reproduce. I have tested those changes do not cause regressions. If you (or anyone else) know something I have missed, I need much more precise steps than those below to fix it.

I would suggest everyone to try that change in rawhide actually, verify what is listening on and whether it does conflict with anything. I use "lsof -np $(pidof dnsmasq)" command for quick checks.