Dne 20. 02. 24 v 9:21 Loren M. Lang napsal(a):
On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 06:08:53AM -0300, Priscila Gutierres wrote:
I created this post based on my own experience:
https://dev.to/prinewgirl/a-recipe-made-to-create-your-first-pr-for-the-fedora-project-21be
Hope it helps.
Thanks, with these and an Kan-Ru's instructions, I was able to
successfully push up my changes to my fork on Pagure. However, I did
have one issue with the sources. The push initially failed with the
error:

Source file (or tarball) 'cachelib-0.12.0.tar.gz' wasn't uploaded
to the lookaside cache.

I assume that this is another restriction of not being a packager?

Yes, this is expected.

You can us `fedpkg` with `--offline` param to explicitly avoid this issue.

However, I didn't see this addressed in the provided docs. I was able to
bypass it with --no-verify, but the Fedora CI build that was triggered
when I made my Pull Request fails since it couldn't find the uploaded
sources.

Uploading sources for PR or not, that is a bit grey zone due to possible issue with uploading legally problematic code.

I was able to manually submit a passing CI build by pushing up the SRPM.

But having the legally problematic code in SRPM would not be any better I guess :)

Vít

-Loren

Em dom., 18 de fev. de 2024 às 05:32, Ondrej Mosnáček <omosna...@gmail.com>