Am 31.03.24 um 21:33 schrieb Sandro:
On 31-03-2024 20:54, Christopher Klooz wrote:
On 31/03/2024 20.52, Christopher Klooz wrote:

On 31/03/2024 20.21, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Sun, Mar 31 2024 at 09:56:04 AM -05:00:00, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@redhat.com> wrote:
I'm really frustrated with our communication regarding this issue. Does anybody know who can fix this?

The Fedora Magazine article has been fixed (thanks!).

"*Fedora Linux 40 branched users (i.e. pre-Beta) likely received the potentially vulnerable /5.6.0-2.fc40/ build <https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2024-4417db3376> if the system updated between March 2nd and March 6th*. Fedora Linux 40 Beta users only using stable repositories are NOT impacted. Fedora Linux 39 and 38 users are also NOT impacted."

 -> only pre-beta, not beta, affected
 -> F40 beta using stable NOT impacted (without challenging the previously distributed assumption that testing is disabled by default)

That's still the same false information, isn't it?
Justin just has shown up in discourse. I suggested to get in touch with you, Adam or Kevin since he seemed to be convinced the article is fine as it is. When I refresh the article, it still seems to be unchanged. Is the update you mean already online Michael?

I clarified what's wrong with Justin in a DM on Matrix. He was on the same garden path as I was regarding "Beta release" vs. "Final release".

There will be another update to the article.

Not sure, if it was already mentioned -> containers. I had here a toolbox environment with F40. That I had not in my first actions
on the screen. The last state had 5.6.0-3 installed but not sure
if the previous release was also installed ...

--
Leon