On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 12:14:14PM +0200, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2024, 11:50 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <
> domi...@greysector.net> wrote:

> > > What the heck? This should have been gimp2 for the old version, not
> > > gimp3 for the new version...
> >
> > Also, how did this pass review?
> >
> > License:        LGPLv3+
> >
> > And I'll answer myself: it hasn't or at least I can't find any review
> > ticket.
> >
> > Nils, could you explain how this package ended up in Fedora?
>
> Standard procedure, everything seems to be in order:
>
> https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/issue/62152
>
> The review exception is valid because it's an alternative version of an
> existing package, and Nils is also the maintainer of the existing package.

It that exception automatic ? I thought it had to be explicitly
requested from FPC ? eg in

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging_Committee#Review_Process_Exemption_Procedure

It says:

  "The FPC can grant exceptions to the normal package review process.
   This may happen, for instance, if a large number of similar packages
   are being submitted at once or if a package is being updated to a
   new major version while the old version is being kept in the
   distribution with a different name.
   ..
   Just file a ticket here, set the component to "Review Process Exception"
   and explain (with detail) why you're requesting the exemption and the
   committee will consider it in the next meeting. "

So gimp3 falls under the 2nd example documented there, but still sounds
like an FPC ticket was needed ?

With regards,
Daniel