On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 6:50 AM Panu Matilainen <pmati...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Patch and source numbers start from zero, that goes for automatically
> numbered patches too. So there's an off by one in the application, and
> the latter %autopatch which is supposed to apply patches >= 2 simply has
> nothing to do, and falls through silently. That's a bug of course in
> itself, filed now:
> https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/3093

One thing that is quite difficult to do with %autopatch/%autosetup is
conditionally applied patches, since I've always understood it to be bad
practice to conditionalize the Patch: lines

The evolution-data-server spec file currently has:

====
# 0-99: General patches

# 100-199: Flatpak-specific patches
# https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/merge_requests/144
Patch100: Make-DBUS_SERVICES_PREFIX-runtime-configurable.patch

[...]

%prep
%autosetup -p1 -S gendiff -N

# General patches
%autopatch -p1 -m 0 -M 99

# Flatpak-specific patches
%if 0%{?flatpak}
%autopatch -p1 -m 100 -M 199
%endif
====

which will warn if you add a warning about empty %autopatch. Not sure if
there's a better way of handling that.

- Owen