On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Dave Jones <da...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Why are people choosing it over other solutions, and what can we change
> in qemu/kvm to get users using that instead ?

I use Virtualbox on a laptop with Fedora 14 as host OS, I use for building
and test installation of Windows application and for Running some windows
only application (Lotus Domino Designer and Administrator)

I use it for the following reasons:

   - The easy snapshot features, when doing a lot of package testing on
   Windows, I have to rollback to an earlier snapshot.
   - Local shared folders. to share files from Fedora host to windows
   client.
   - Nice GUI, Very easy to setup and manage new clients.
   - Save current state of guest, so I easy can switch clients with out
   having to close the the client OS down.
   - Running Windows application in a windows guest, runs very smooth, no
   delay in updating the GUI.

I have tried the same stuff on kvm about a year ago, it was
the possibility to share local host folders with the guests and when running
windows applications (ex. Lotus Domino Designer) there was a little delay
before the GUI was updated.

Tim