2011/8/2 Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com>

> On Sun, 2011-07-31 at 15:37 -0300, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> > I've read
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/Common#Laptop_screen_dims_when_switching_to_battery_power_or_idle_mode_but_never_brightens_again
> >
> > My system suffers the same symptoms but I use KDE. So it seems that is
> > not GNOME restricted.
> >

> > Using F15 on x86_64
> >
> > cat /sys/module/pcie_aspm/parameters/policy
> > default performance [powersave]
> >
> > any ideas?
>
> That bug certainly was GNOME specific: it was a bug in
> gnome-power-manager 's logic. There's no way that specific bug could
> affect KDE, unless somehow you're running g-p-m in KDE. If you're seeing
> a similar issue in KDE, it must track down to a different bug, so please
> file it. Be aware, though, that the display dimming somewhat when you
> disconnect the AC power is 'normal': both KDE and GNOME do this to save
> battery power.

Yes of course Adam, I know it :)

> The bug in this case was that when you re-connected to AC
> the brightness did not increase again, but if you then disconnected from
> AC once more the brightness would decrease further

This is the symptom that I'm talking about!

> - so you got stuck in
> a descending spiral of darkness until the screen was stuck at its lowest
> possible brightness setting until you adjusted it manually or rebooted.
> If the screen dims somewhat (to, say, 50%) when you unplug, goes back up
> to 100% when you plug back in, then dims back to 50% when you unplug
> again, that's intended behaviour and not a bug (though if you don't like
> it, it's configurable).

Well in this case when I plug AC, kde applet says Performance, but screen is
still dimmed, I have to select again Performance and maximum brigthness come
back!

So it seems a kde bug, isn't it?

Thanks Adam for your help, I remember you since Mandriva days :)

Sergio Belkin  http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org