On Fri, 19.08.11 18:00, Reindl Harald (h.rei...@thelounge.net) wrote:

Heya,

> * no feedback of systemctl and wrong from /sbin/service-wrapper

Like most Unix commands systemctl will not output anything in case of
success, only on failure. See cp, ln, mv, rm for similar behaviour.

> * systemctl does not stop .socket if you stop .service

And it shouldn't. There's an item on the todo list to add a warning if
the user stops a service unit but leaves the socket unit running.

> * useless auto-completion for systemctl

Hmm? Bug#?

> * no progress while fs-check on boot

The way I'd like to see this fixed is that fsck's -C switch can
optionally take a path like /dev/console to output its progress
bar. Then again, ideally the progress information would be passed on to
Plymouth instead of the console. In both cases systemd should probably
not be involved.

> * no green Ok / red FAILED at boot time, only a desert of text

Not really true.

First of all, we will output "Starting ..." and "Started ..." messages
as the boot proceeds if you remvoe "quiet" from the kernel cmdline. If a
service fails, we will even say that and highlight it in red. What we
won't do however is mark success in green, in order to keep visual
distraction minimal.

On top of that, at any time you can type in "systemctl" and you'll get
colorful output of what services successfully started and which ones
didn't. This is a substantial improvement over classic SysV where the
boot time output scrolled away quickly and only screen-scraping could
help to get a bit of an idea what actually started properly and what
didn't.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.