On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 11:27 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 08:50 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> >> Please wait until I am finished working on it.  This is not a bug that
> >> can be easily reproduced.
> >
> > The Arch report claims a fully reliable reproducer:
> >
> > https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24615
> >
> > "I can 100% reliably reproduce it by creating an iptables reject rule
> > for DNS packets:
> > # iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 53 -j REJECT --reject-with
> > icmp-admin-prohibited
> > # wget http://google.com/
> > --2011-06-08 12:13:58-- http://google.com/
> > Resolving google.com... zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)"
>
> I cannot find any of that in the bug report.

I didn't put it in the Fedora report as there was already a patch at the
time I submitted that, so I figured just linking to the patch would be
enough. But I did mention all the various bug reports - Arch and
upstream - in my ML post on the topic: subject "glibc causing crashes in
most anything that does DNS lookups in F16".
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey