>>> you run rpm -q grub in the guest and on the host, if they are the same nvr,
>>> then they are the same package, where's the rocket science here.
>>
>> The whole point of libguestfs's usage was that the package isn't actually
>> installed in the guest.  So that won't work.
>
> This is not correct, grub is installed in the guest, but we don't want
> to run it from the guest because of security problems.  I outlined it
> in an earlier email in this thread.

Oh, my mistake. That being beside the point, it pretty much means any VM
created in a previous OS release won't work. In any case I totally disagree
with your idea of security, as I mentioned at the time. It makes things worse,
not better.

And that's still ignoring that grub1 needs to completely go away.

--
         Peter