On Oct 7, 2011, at 2:42 AM, Petr Pisar wrote:
> On 2011-10-06, Jesse Keating <jkeat...@j2solutions.net> wrote:
>> On Oct 5, 2011, at 11:27 PM, Petr Pisar wrote:
>>>
>>> I've written an ultimate heavy-parallel rebuilding tool. (Actually it's
>>> so much parallel that Fedora infrustructure, git repositories namely,
>>> spontaneously fails.) It's packaged in `perl-Fedora-Rebuild' package,
>>> there is sample executable `rebuildperl'. Currently it's
>>> under-documented, not optimized and with some internal bugs. But I will
>>> develop it more because we need it for each year Perl rebuild, so the
>>> tool will improve.
>>
>> What failure did you create, and was there a ticket about this?  If
>> you're able to create a failure with load I'm VERY interested in this.
>>
> The job was like `git pull && rpmdev-bump && git commit && git push' run
> on already cloned repository. We configured SSH client to use
> auto-closing master connnection and when we run the job in more threads
> we got errors like unexpected SSH session close by remote (probably
> after timing out gitolite or what Fedora uses behind the SSH).
>
> We found by experiments the `more threads' is more than 6 (or 8,
> I can't remeber now).
>
> Marcela asked on #fedora-admin whether there was some limit set on the
> server site but nobody could confirm or deny it.

Ok, that's strange because I've done very similar with the mass rebuild script
I have and I was not able to create any sort of noticeable load on the server.
Certainly does sound like an ssh issue though.

Might have gone quicker if you pull via git:// and then only push via ssh://
reducing your ssh handshakes by half.

- jlk