Am 19.10.2011 23:09, schrieb Richard W.M. Jones:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:36:36PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 15:30 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
>>
>>> What did you downgrade to ? AFAIK Several people had to
>>> downgrade from -11 because of nsswitch issues ... seem glibc is
>>> not in good shape :-(
>>
>> You get to pick your breakage. If glibc maintainers would kindly
>> stop pulling random git snapshots into a pending stable release
>> that would be nice, but then, I'd also like a solid gold toilet
>> and that doesn't appear to be on the verge of showing up,
>> either...
>
> +1000
>
> Why are we putting glibc git snapshots into Fedora 16, just days
> before the final release?

IMHO Rawhide should be the only place where version-control-snapshots
of such an important component like glibc should be allowed.

Maybe it would be better to let the value of positive karma depend on
the severity of the package. That would mean that packages like glibc
would require more positive karma for being pushed to stable than
packages like gedit.

Regards,

Heiko