Jim Meyering wrote:
> glibc-2.14.90-12.999, which has just made it to stable provokes a
> hard-to-diagnose (for me at least) problem.
>
> While most things work, and it fixed two problems that affected me,
> it caused me some frustration:
>
> https//bugzilla.redhat.com/747377

glibc-2.14.90-12.999 also breaks the build of ANY C++ code using fenv.h,
which affects at least Qt (but likely also several other C++ packages,
particularly mathematical ones, but not only, as can be seen from Qt).
Thankfully, that showstopper is fixed in -13 which is already in stable by
now (because it was aggressively up-karma'd by the KDE SIG).

The fact that a glibc with showstoppers of this kind got pushed to stable
shows that the karma system does not work at all. It just hinders getting
legitimate fixes out and does nothing to stop regressions. glibc is even
critpath, yet broken crap still goes out.

        Kevin Kofler