On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 06:48 -0500, Mystilleef wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Wow, I read this a little too late. I did an update, using
> --skip-broken, today and now Xorg is broken. I use the open source ati
> drivers. The Xorg log indicates a version mismatch between Xorg and
> the drivers. Is there a way to reverse or fix this?

Get the list of X packages you have installed, download the F16 builds
of same from koji, and downgrade to them.  Something like this perhaps:

$ rpm -qa --qf="%{name}\n" xorg-x11-\* | xargs -n 1 koji download-build
--latestfrom=f16-updates --arch=$(arch)
$ sudo rpm -Uvh --oldpackage xorg-x11-*$(arch).rpm

Probably there's a way to achieve the same thing that won't end with yum
complaining about the rpmdb being modified behind its back, but meh.

- ajax