On Nov 14, 2011, at 3:38 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 17:48 +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Fedora 16 is not science fiction. It is here right now:
>>> http://get.fedoraproject.org
>>
>> Hmm, no jigdo downloads any more?
>
> Releng say they dropped jigdo due to overwhelming indifference (the
> download numbers for the jigdo images were tiny).

When releng agreed to do jigdo, the proponents of it promised better tooling in
the near future to create the jigdo data.  That tooling was never delivered,
and the process to create jigdo data continues to be manual, arduous, error
prone, and still difficult for clients to manage.

While I wasn't part of the decision to drop it, I wholly support the decision.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!