RR> How are fedora with grub2 users supposed to set up crashkernel
RR> kernel argument? Or even any argument?

One possibility is /etc/default/grub.  This contains
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX.  After changing that, grub2-mkconfig -o
/boot/grub2/grub.cfg.

You can also edit grub.cfg directly, but it gets wiped out if anything
ever runs grub2-mkconfig.  Finally, grubby has options for modifying
kernel arguments, but I do not believe that goes in and does anything
with the /etc/default/grub line so again that gets wiped out of anything
runs grub2-mkconfig.

The grub2 situation is definitely suboptimal at this point.

 - J<