On 1/15/12 11:20 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
Julio Merino wrote:

Also, I cannot tell if three years ago I gained some privileges that I
have now lost due to the conversion of the packages repository from cvs
to git.  For example, a "fedpkg clone" without the -a option fails due
to a permission denied (reason: publickey), although I have made sure
that my SSH key is up-to-date in the accounts system.

Could anyone provide some pointers please?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_HOWTO

I actually had read that (although it was non-trivial to reach). However, this document assumes you already are a maintainer with access to the repository and build systems. What I was interested in finding was some documentation that told me, a newbie (even if I had had permissions before), how to do a package update and submit it for review.

Or: just consider a regular user that has never contributed any new package but wants to send an update for an existing one. What information would be suitable to them?

the permission denied thing may be due to:
"Subject: IMPORTANT: Mandatory password and ssh key change by 2011-11-30"
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2011-October/003005.html

Not sure. My account is marked as active and I have changed both my password and SSH keys (yesterday).