On 01/18/2012 09:30 AM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Later it was brought up that it may just be simpler to create a second file
> of metadata, similar to the comps file, that just contains lists of
> categorized packages. (i.e., #3 above.)
>
> Opinions?

One of the ideas that we've been seriously considering implementing is a
Fedora specific extension to DOAP, where the DOAP files would be checked
into git. It should be straightforward to add a Fedora extension field
for "tags", allowing the maintainer to add tags, along with other useful
metadata about the package that we don't know from other sources.

Then, tagger/packages can simply read in the DOAP files and use those
tags in addition to the user-generated ones.

~tom

==
Fedora Project