Hi,

On 18/01/12 22:42, BJ Dierkes wrote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to start a heated thread on SysV vs. Systemd or anything.
Unfortunately my question wasn't really answered.  I *am* removing SysV support
from gearmand … and have already implemented Systemd scripts.  My question is… for
existing users still on SysV in Fedora<  17 …. are there any safeguards I need
to put in place as to not break them…  or should I just rip out all the SysV stuff
and hope for the best?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but when I migrated a package to systemd I used the spec file tips from this page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Systemd

(Specifically the section entitled "Packages migrating to a systemd unit file from a SysV initscript")

Andy