On 01/20/2012 08:39 AM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
On 01/20/2012 12:31 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

I use closed/upstream, when I already fixed it in upstream. This bug
should be closed with number of release, where it is fixed or with the
link to the commit. I wouldn't blame this state for not fixing bug in
some projects.

Users do!

To them, what you are doing is to "ignore them for now" and to "sit-out bugs", instead. Whether they will find this tolerable or consider you to be a non-collaborations jerk widely depend on the actual impact the bug they reported has on them.

> I guess instead of closed/upstream we would see more
closed/wontfix|cantfix.
Delegating bugs for fixing to upstream, because you can't fix for whatever reasons isn't much of a problem.

The problem is the attitude "CLOSED UPSTEAM" communicates: Cheating about the current shape a package is in Fedora.

Ralf