On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 03:26:01PM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.bad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 09:25:31AM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:

> >> How does that work on headless devices? It doesn't seem to be well
> >> tested. In fact there doesn't seem to be a way to be able to test it.
> >>
> > To test --
> > 1) install F16.
> > 2) Run through procedure outlined on wiki (once the Feature Owners fill in
> > the blanks)
> > 3) Se if you then have a working F17 system
>
> The packages aren't in F-17 yet. See the contents of the f17-usrmove
> tag in koji.

Ah -- I didn't understand that you wanted a method to test it *now*.  Yep,
if the work hasn't landed in rawhide, there is no way to test.  That's
pretty self explanatory.

When the feature owner has to land their changes so that they're testable is
laid out in the policy:

* New features must be feature complete or close enough to completion by
  Feature Freeze so that a majority of its functionality can be tested
  during the Alpha and Beta releases.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Milestones

As you've been pointing out, this is a recipe for alpha slippage (and since
recently we've been slipping all later milestones, a slip in alpha means
a slip to the release) but I don't think the feature owners are
technically doing anything wrong under the current policy :-(

-Toshio