On 15/02/12 01:30 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 18:10 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 15.02.2012 17:59, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
On 02/15/2012 05:06 PM, Steve Clark wrote:
On 02/15/2012 05:49 AM, Panu Matilainen wrote:

It might be a shocking revelation to you but not everybody uses or
relies their world on bash autocompletion.

     - Panu -
What world are you living in?

bash-completion is not a default package.  Obviously only a small
percentage of users are going to use it.  This isn't something you need
to debate about.  If it was used by the majority, it would be there by
default already.

it is used by all professional users using mostly a terminal

yeah...I'm getting paid for this, so I guess I'm a professional user,
and I use terminals an awful lot, but I don't use bash-completion. Every
time I ever tried it I found, like Rahul, that it makes things slow and
tends to get in my way more than it ever does help me.

Right. And thanks to this thread I just learned what "broke" bash completion for me after fresh install of F16: 'rpm -e bash-completion' fixed bash for me :-)