On 2012-02-09, Petr Pisar <ppi...@redhat.com> wrote:
> It's long time since PCRE (Perl-Compatible Regular Expression) library
> has changed API or ABI. Version 8.30 is different.
[...]
> Result is pcre library has changed SONAME from libpcre.so.0 to
> libpcre.so.1.

I'm pleased to announce all reverse dependencies of PCRE have been
rebuilt successfully against new libpcre.so.1 library. Old libpcre.so.0
has been removed and new library moved into /usr in pcre-8.30-2.fc18
which is landing into F18 now.

I'd like to thank everybody who helped me with this transition. This
PCRE upgrade will be highlighted as F18 feature
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/pcre8.30>.

-- Petr