2012/3/2 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johan...@gmail.com>:
> I am a feature owner for a feature that involves components in the hundreds
> and is heavily depended on maintainers responsiveness.
>
> For me to start enacting the non responsive maintainers policy is a
> tremendous work thus I'm wondering if there is something preventing us from
> automating the non responsive maintainer policy?
>
> An bugzilla script that acts something like if maintainer has not responded
> to a bug report with the status new in a week ( or some other time ) the non
> responsive maintainers policy automatically starts taking effect.
>
> To get out of that automatic non responsive process the maintainer would
> have to comment on the bug and set it's status assigned ( or something
> similar ).

I understand that this is frustrating to you but your solution is just
wrong IMO.
We don't have infinite resources so throwing people out just because
they did not respond withing a week is a bad joke. The better fix here
is ... you want to do the change file a bug wait for $x amount of time
... no response -> go ahead an commit.