On Mar 7, 2012, at 3:01 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Yes, such a feature was submitted[1], but it has never been committed by
> Chris AFAIK. There is also a OS-agnostic method of this. Seagate XT drives
> use a small SSD as a cache. Then there is also a Windows method with Intel's
> SSD Cache using a dedicated SSD as only a cache. Either way gives you a
> similar result.

I think I'd rather see a portion of the SSD be a discrete device so that the
system and application scratch/swap can be pointed to it - rather than as
cache. I'm not sure that this data would always stay hot enough to be assured
of being in an SSD cache, whereas a discretely defined device would.

Chris Murphy