On 03/16/2012 10:06 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
David Tardon wrote:
How do we prevent inexperienced testers from giving undeserved karma and
thus causing an update to be automatically pushed to stable?

One has to fulfil certain requirements before one becomes a packager.
But anyone with FAS account can give karma to an update...

+1, the current policy is really flawed, we trust any idiot with a FAS
account more than our sponsored packagers (and even our carefully vetted
provenpackagers).

         Kevin Kofler

But this policy also prevents the misuse of power, which is also a good thing I think. And there needs to be more than one "idiot" to make any changes to the update which is not the case of packagers or even provenpackagers. Which I think is really helpful since in most cases those people are also only humans which could make mistakes. I think this policy helps to prevent updates which break a lot of stuff when pushed to stable, it also provides a nice and quicker way of first contact to check if there are some issues with an update.

Johannes