On 03/20/2012 11:37 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
We had something like this where i586 and i686 were considered different
arches, at least for the kernel, and those two builds would happen in
parallel often on different machines. Perhaps the same could be done for
the arm variants as well.

Right now we consider armv5tel and armv7hl to be different aches so they are built on separate machines. That bit of optimization is done.

IIf there is some sane way to distribute a single armv7hl or armv5tel build across multiple builders that may be an interesting avenue to pursue (Sanity tbd by releng:-). The builders we expect to see this year have 4 cores, but if we could realistically do a 'make -j 32' and have 8 systems involved in any one package, that'd certainly take care of performance concerns for parallelizable builds. It's a neat idea, but making it work reliably is a proposal unto itself.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / b...@redhat.com