On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 14:28 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:

> > So it's a little like saying "we only support x86 chips from Intel, AMD,
> > and VIA".  Okay, yeah, maybe that's fair, but those are actually all
> > there is to care about.
>
> What about all the other xorg-x11-drv* video cards, admittedly they're
> generally considered legacy but there are a lot that don't do 3D at
> all there.

Their existence, at this point, is pretty much theoretical. :)

Years of data - Smolt, Smolt-type tools, Phoronix surveys, general
(non-Linux) industry surveys - agree very strongly that somewhere
between 95% and 99% of x86 systems (I'd pin it at the high end of that
range, myself) are using Intel, AMD, or NVIDIA graphics. Those really
are all it's honestly worth caring about on x86.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey