On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 12:02 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Mar 21, 2012, at 9:17 AM, Peter Jones wrote:
>
> > We definitely want to keep using grubby instead of running grub2-mkconfig
> > and
> > clobbering whatever's in your config file every time.
>
> *shrug* I think grubby makes for an increasingly cluttered grub.cfg.
> With the latest behavior I'm seeing with 2.00~beta2's grub2-mkconfig,
> it cleans up after itself nicely. The grub.cfg pretty clearly
> indicates it can be clobbered, by design.

yeah, I have to admit I get the feeling we're kind of swimming against
the tide, now. I'm not sure it would be so terrible to just decide to go
with the upstream design, run grub2-mkconfig any time grub2.cfg needs
updating, and tell people to do customization in the /etc/grub.d stuff
as upstream intends.

The whole point of going with grub2 was to get closer to upstream and
reduce our maintenance burden, right? grubby feels like a substantial
chunk of maintenance burden too.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey