On 04/05/2012 09:43 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
Detecting and mounting the file systems is straightforward and that's
what anaconda does. I read the request as wanting to also make the
live environment chroot into the detected sysimage and start the
system up interactively from there. That seems harder but maybe it's
doable (since you don't have to worry about packages being available
on the CD as you can use what's already in the installed environment).

Then you misread it. ;-)

All I want is a button that mounts /mnt/sysimage the same way as the rescue
image does (and possibly opens it with xdg-open so the average user can see
what's up), so that I can use the graphical tools on the live image (NOT on
the installed system, those might not even work due to broken dependencies
etc.) to rescue things.

         Kevin Kofler

+10

How to proceed in order to implement this in the LiveCD? It will be very helpful! Great idea!

Germán.

--
Germán A. Racca
Fedora Package Maintainer