On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 13:55 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com> said:
> > One angle on this that didn't get pointed out, I guess because anaconda
> > team apparently isn't reading, is that at least one person on the
> > anaconda team - I forget who - hates liveinst with a passion and has
> > been proposing forever to kill it and replace it with a choice on the
> > live image boot menu between 'boot a live desktop' and 'install' (which
> > would run anaconda in a locked-down environment, just like on the DVD /
> > netinst). If that plan were to actually happen it would kinda supersede
> > all the other suggestions, I think.
>
> I'm guessing that such a "anaconda in a locked-down environment" would
> have to be installing packages from the network, since there certainly
> isn't space on the disc for both a live image and the necessary RPMs.

Why? I don't see any obvious technical reason why it couldn't still
simply dump the live image onto the hard disk, as it (more or less) does
at present. If anything it'd be easier, because the image it was trying
to dump wouldn't be...the running environment. :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey