On 05/31/2012 12:59 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
On 05/31/2012 12:57 PM, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
I take it that virtualization of the OS is completely off the table as
well, then?  (I think it must be, if this is the case.)

Why would that be?

VM's have a BIOS.  And SecureBoot can be part of that BIOS.

Well, as a matter of fact VMs mostly right now DO have a BIOS, but not UEFI,
and Secure Boot support is a UEFI feature, and not a BIOS feature. So Secure
Boot actually *cannot* be part of that BIOS. Obviously that possibility would
change if we were to ship OVMF or similar as our VM firmware.

--
        Peter