On 05/31/2012 05:13 PM, Chris Adams wrote:

Please don't spread FUD like this.  You are wrong for a couple of
reasons:

- Secure boot is required to be able to be disabled on x86 (the only
   platform Fedora will support it).

- Users can generate their own keys, enroll them in the secure boot
   firmware, and use those keys to sign their kernels.

I am not sure I fully understand the technical part about UEFI so please make it clear for me: I can generate my own keys, enroll them in the secure boot firmware and then *continue* using the machine in a *dual boot* with Windows 8?

The presence on my own boot keys will make Windows 8 unbootable on that machine or not?