On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 01:21:25PM +0200, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that Fedora 18 will ship with
> this change, and applications need to be updated to handle the change,
> or we will have a more broken Fedora 18.  Advising people not to patch
> programs won't make Fedora 18 less broken at this point.
I was using /tmp on tmpfs (with $TMPDIR poining inside of /tmp)
for several years in ALT Linux.  And by "use" I mean "build
packages using mock-like tool that creates chroots in $TMPDIR".
During all these years, my biggest problem was that tmpfs by
default allocates half of physical RAM for partition.  So I just
allocated big enough swap and added a line to /etc/fstab with
appropriate size= option.

Having /tmp on tmpfs is not THAT scary, is you ask me...

--
Regards,    --
Sir Raorn.   --- http://thousandsofhate.blogspot.com/