On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 12:24:51PM -0400, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> I'd like to now summon the folks arguing for this who earlier insisted
> that Fedora was being upfront about the tradeoffs here to come argue
> with people that there isn't a material loss of freedom.  Being
> upfront means not only speaking up for points that support your
> position.

There's a material loss of freedom, just like there is with Fedora's
trademark policy or our relationship with Mozilla. Sometimes we
sacrifice some freedoms in return for something that we feel is more
worthwhile. I can understand objecting to that from a philosophical
perspective, but this is not an unprecedented decision.

--
Matthew Garrett | mj...@srcf.ucam.org