On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Tom Lane <t...@redhat.com> wrote:
> The idea seems to be that you'd only implement actions that exist
> in non-systemd initscripts.  As long as people adhere to that,
> I don't see that we need controls or per-package permissions.  And
> I don't really see why people wouldn't.

Well, there is the case of upstream refusing to care about
distribution specifics (or caring only about some obscure
distribution), making the it impossible to "move the script upstream".
 It's not very likely that all distributions would agree on a single
script before starting to package that software - every distribution
would tend to use its own mechanism.
    Mirek