Just an idea I had and wanted to float it out to the group...

I think it would be nice to get an informational (obviously, not a
blocking type check) to get changes in the requires or provides of a
package. It would be a hassle to check it manually but I hope it would
be fairly easy to automate.

I'm thinking the output would just be a simple log showing added or
removed items and perhaps version/soversion changes.

One instance it might has helped in is BZ#842181, although in this
case only rawhide was affected so as far as I know there's no real
mechanism to "cancel" the update.

Thoughts?

Richard