Rahul Sundaram (methe...@gmail.com) said:

> > Well, that's really it. The format of LSB is a bit odd to a lay reader,
> > but AFAICT, it really does mean: to be technically in compliance with
> > LSB-desktop, you need to ship a libpng12.so.0 which provides the listed
> > functions. End of story. I don't see a workaround.
>
> Fedora is not LSB compatible.  Is it?  Why do we even care about this at
> all?

If we are providing a redhat-lsb package that provides the requirements
specified in the LSB, it should be correct.

I can see assorted ways we could theoretically handle a desire to remove
libpng 1.2 from the distribution, but merely dropping the req from
redhat-lsb is the obviously wrong answer.

Bill