On 08/06/2012 12:51 PM, Petr Machata wrote:
> David Malcolm <dmalc...@redhat.com> writes:
>> In the meantime, it looks like my Python 3.3 rebuild has broken "boost"
>> installs in f18 buildroots until the boost-1.50 build lands in f18.
>> Sorry about that.  Is there an ETA for when the boost stuff will be
>> merged?
>
> I'm thinking the end of this week.  This gives about a week for fixes
> and rebuilds before Alpha.

I would suggest landing boost 1.50 and the rebuilds from f18-boost
today. Tomorrow, F18 is getting branched off from rawhide and will
complicate things.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/Schedule

> Anyone knows if there is a way to address maintainers of packages
> dependent on boost?  That's about 100 packages that depend on runtime
> libraries, and then those that have Boost as BR.  I guess I may need to
> crawl package database.  Apparently, without direct pings, people won't
> rebuild the client packages.

Request for provenpackager privileges so you can do the rebuilds
yourself, with a script. Boost rebuilds are certainly a good enough
reason for getting provenpackager access.

Having said that, $source_package_name-ow...@fedoraproject.org works for
reaching package maintainers.

To get the list of packages that have BuildRequires: boost-devel, you
can use something like this:
$ repoquery -q --whatrequires boost-devel --archlist=src --disablerepo='*'
--enablerepo=rawhide-source --qf '%{NAME}'

Hope this helps,
Kalev