On 2012-08-30 14:50, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:03:39PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
(Of course, as in Ubuntu, if you don't like the model and want to
stick with the old-school system instead, you can just do 'sudo
passwd' to set a password for the root user and take your user out
of the 'wheel' group so it can't use sudo any more, though I don't
know a one-command way to make your user a non-admin user for
PolicyKit, hence causing it to ask you for the root password rather
than your own for admin operations).

Removing yourself from wheel should do that too, shouldn't it? (I believe it's implemented by "AdminIdentities=unix-group:wheel".) Or am I missing
something?

You're very probably right, I hadn't looked into exactly how it's implemented in PK.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey