Hi,

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:
> I don't
>> understand why people want that annoying "feature" at all.

It's a mistake to project your annoyance with a given feature onto the masses.

I always enable the feature but it is an ongoing annoyance that it is
disabled at GDM, is there any way to force it to default to on for the
whole system?

I find it's great for quiet clicking and is easier on the fingers than
clicking a physical button. Also it's much better user experience to
click somewhere you finger already is than to look down for a button
or reposition by touch (given that there are often two physical
buttons). Also I use several laptops and the button arrangement is
always subtly different, if I can tap to click on all of them, it's a
big usability win.

-Cam