JF> Now, if the mouse pointer could also reverse upon detecting the
JF> apparent handedness of the user, well that would be one of the
JF> coolest UI tricks ever.

I certainly hope not; I'm left handed and would never dream of switching
the mouse around, given that the standard arrangement is far more
advantageous to left-handed folks than it is to right-handed folks
(since your writing hand is free to actually write).  I always assumed
the standard arrangement was simply created by some anonymous lefty in
an attempt to give them (another) advantage over right-handed folks, and
am always baffled when a lefty wants to change it.

On to the discussion, asking the user to press the button they usually
use for selecting things does work, but adds yet another step and I can
see the complaints about it now.

 - J<