On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 09:09:51PM +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:39:27 +0200
> Till Maas wrote:
> > This has already manifested for me with the slow keys feature that GDM
> > enables and makes one believe that the keyboard died.
> >
> Yes, this happened to me once as well... I was really bewildered as to
> what to do. But I think with tapping it's the other way around than
> you suggest -- when Fedora switched the default to disabled (I don't
> recall which version it was), I really thought something was broken --
> just like with the keyboard. No matter how much I tapped, nothing
> happened. :-o

disabled upstream in version 0.15.0 (June 2008), Fedora re-enabled it in
response to #439386 (which somehow got merged upstream again for 0.15.2),
but that was then finally disabled upstream with version 1.0 (Feb 2009). It
has been disabled since, except for the Apple touchpads which don't have
physical buttons.

Cheers,
   Peter