"M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <zn...@znmeb.net> writes:
> I've now done half a dozen F18 multi-boot installs and I must say it's
> a miracle I haven't over-written something I wanted to keep. The thing
> that would make it usable for me would be very simple - just put the
> partition names on the labeling so I know what's going to end up
> where! The rest of the installer is fine but the partitioner needs
> either a user interface redesign or extensive documentation.

Indeed, it's *spectacularly* bad.  Aside from the point you make, I find
that it doesn't show you what actions have already been chosen: as soon
as you select any of the inadequately-labeled existing partitions, that
partition disappears completely from the display.  So at the end of the
process, all you have to go on is a display of the partitions you've
*not* selected to be mounted and/or overwritten.  Want to double-check
your choices before you push the big red button?  Good luck with that.

I do like the functionality of showing you the former/existing usage
of each partition, but that ought to be an annotation on something
that's laid out more like the old display.  As is, it's unhelpful to
the point of being outright dangerous.

                        regards, tom lane