On 11/09/2012 08:33 AM, Matej Cepl wrote:
a) Why installer requires 2-4 times more memory than any other program
running on my computer (and the software you use on it could be a good
example of SOHO server)?

Because anaconda links into a large amount of runtime stuff, that normally runs isloated and so it /looks/ like our memory usage is balooned, when in reality the entire system has balooned, we're just getting the blame.

b) What awesome and breathtaking functionality I've got in anaconda
since EL-5 that I have to pay for it with this increase of hardware
requirements? (and let me remind you again about those 500 VMs)

I don't think these question are in any way inappropriate or too
offensive, are they?

Hey it's free software. Feel free to take EL5's anaconda code base and make it work for F19. If it's good enough, maybe you can convince FESCo to replace anaconda with your project as the official installer for Fedora.

I wish you luck!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!