On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 05:28:42PM +0100, Thomas Woerner wrote:
> If you want to recreate rules, use reload. If you restart the
> service with systemd, the servce gets stopped and started again, so
> you will loose internal state. This is how services are working.

I understand that some services work that way. However, I don't think that
this is the best design for a firewall service. Is there some way to force
the internal state to be recorded?

Let's say there is a security fix for the firewall service which needs to be
applied. The daemon will need to be reloaded. Is this now not possible?

> >And for things like the ten-second-temporary rule, it could hang around for
> >a while.
> It is using glib timeouts for this, it is not hanging around and blocking.

Sorry, this comment lost context: I didn't mean that the timeout
implementation was poor. I meant that if the service were dbus activated, it
could stay running if it continued to have things to do, and exit (maybe
after a brief wait) if not.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mat...@fedoraproject.org>