On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 04:31:46PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > Well with firewalld not installed and no iptables configs.. I would
> > > believe that the default would be everything open... unless some other
> > This is indeed the case.
> And that's clearly not what we want. I thought it kind of went without
> saying both that this would be the consequence of simply dropping
> firewalld from the default install entirely, and that this would not be
> acceptable :)

Agreed. *Particularly* if Firewalld is the default but does not nicely cover
all needs. In the ideal world, one codebase would cover everything for all
of Fedora. I don't think we're ready for that for F18, even if we do go
ahead with making it the default, so we need to make sure that the fallback
position is secure.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mat...@fedoraproject.org>