On 13.11.2012 18:35, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Hmmm:

$ echo '' > true.ml
$ ocamlopt.opt true.ml -o true
$ time ./true

real   0m0.002s
user   0m0.000s
sys    0m0.001s

time luajit -e "require'os'; os.exit(42)"

real    0m0.001s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.000s

But, check here for a far more important feature:

http://luajit.org/ext_ffi_tutorial.html#zlib

all this in 452088 bytes (libluajit.so, x86_64):

This seems about right to me: Both ocamlopt & gcc generate native
x86-64 programs, but there's a small amount of overhead in the OCaml
binary (initializing the minor heap of the GC).

luajit too (it is one of the fastest compilers)

I will try to formulate an approach for Fedora to benefit from this little miracle in additional note (SWIG bindings problems above in the thread).

Kind Regards,
Alek