On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 08:29:52 -0500,
  Martin Preisler <mprei...@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi,
I want to push Ogre 1.8.1 into rawhide next week. This will most likely break some packages
but we have a lots and lots of time to fix it all up in rawhide. The changes in Ogre API
aren't extensive enough for this to be a real risk and we can always revert. The most
common break is Ogre::Singleton<..>::ms_Singleton being renamed to
Ogre::Singleton<..>::msSingleton.

As I am not a provenpackager I will need some cooperation from maintainers of
pkgs depending on Ogre.

I'll be able to help with the rebuilds.

ember 0.7.0 is about to be released. We can use a prerelease of that to get 1.8 support. There was some issue with c+11 that the devs were talking about, but I think that using the just released eris will work with the nect ember.

The other ogre dependencies come from a couple of UI packages and if those can work with 1.8, it mostly a matter of doing rebuilds.